I didn’t get to the hotel until 4:45, and there was  a meet-up starting at 5. To my credit, I got ready in under 30 minutes — that’s a shower, blow drying of hair, selecting an outfit and applying makeup thankyouverymuch — so we were only mildly late.

I have already met at least 30 people, and I even remember at least half of them!

I met and chatted with J.D. from Get Rich Slowly, briefly met PT Money, and otherwise just discussed blogging challenges with whoever would listen. Which, given that we were in a crowded bar, was a surprising number of folks.

I’m not ashamed to admit that I totally rode my Mom’s coattails today. What’s the point of having a well-known blogger of a Mom if you can’t trade on it? Especially at a blogging conference!

Lots of nice people, and I may even recognize them tomorrow. I haven’t had a lot to eat today, and I’ve been fighting either dehydration or mile-high sickness or whatever since I landed.

Anyway, good chats, good snacks, etc. And now it’s only quarter to 10 and I’m about to pass out for the night.

Of course, this was just the preliminaries. Tomorrow begins the real adventure. Breakfast is only until 8:30 a.m., so I need to be up at 7 to get a shot at any of the decent stuff.

Then it’s seminars and visits to sponsor booths. Then receptions and other networking events.

It’s a tough life but I make do. And now I’m off to bed… after some pretzel M&Ms courtesy of my Mom.

{ 1 trackback }

Car repairs and Mama's bank account. | I Pick Up Pennies
October 8, 2012 at 3:04 am

1 moneyaftergrad September 7, 2012 at 9:17 am

Sounds so fun !!!! :) and 30 mins to get ready is a REAL accomplishment. thats virtually impossible for me.

It helps to have grown up in Anchorage with crappy water pressure and a thermostat that got turned down at night. You learn to take REALLY quick showers!

Hmm sorry I thought I replied to this yesterday. It helps to grow up with crappy water pressure, in Alaska, when you’re the first one up and your parents turn down the thermostat at night. You learn to take REALLY quick showers!

2 Cathy R September 7, 2012 at 11:48 am

Enjoy our wonderful city! Drink lots of water, but you knew that, I'm sure. But… even if you thing you have drunk enough, you haven't.

Nice of you to bring some slightly cooler weather in with you!

Yep, I’m working on it. Mom and I will have two extra days to do more than run around to happy hours and chat. We were talking about maybe Denver Pavilions. We’re looking for more unique, local stuff. This 16th Street Mall is all chains. That and maybe the Denver Mint. Because, yes, we are that big of PF nerds.

3 Agatha September 7, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Hey there Abigail! Nice meeting you in the elevator last night and hope to run into you again before this shindig is over. Yay FinCon :)