Tim and I watched an interview on The Daily Show. Apparently 24% of Toronto residents think Rob Ford should stay in office, and The Daily Show went to find some of those people. A supporter said that Ford was doing a good job as mayor. In fact, he thinks Ford is the most fiscally responsible mayor in a long time.
That got me thinking about all the ways Ford saves money:
- Making the cheaper choice: Crack is far easier on the budget than cocaine.
- Making things stretch: Apparently, he only smoked during drunken stupors. If you’re already drunk, you probably need less crack.
- Getting discounts: He bought the drugs from a friend, and, when caught with an escort, said she’s a family friend. Friends & family discount anyone?
- Saving on transportation: According to a staff member, Ford regularly drives drunk. Think of the cab fare he saves!
- Skipping restaurants: Meals out can be expensive. Ford rebutted allegations of sexual harassment by making it clear that he eats at home.
And one bonus reason:
Trimming the holiday list: Gifts add up quickly. But with the number of people Ford has alienated, his list is sure to be short.
Can you guys think of any other ways Ford pinches his pennies? (Don’t include any office workers named Penny.)