As I’ve mentioned before, Tim and I are big fans of the YouTube channels Sourcefed and Sourcefed Nerd. One of the segments is called Table Talk, where three of the members sit around and answer user submitted questions. And today’s episode, as you may have guessed, included a question about yard sale finds.
Granted, I don’t do a lot of yard sales these days. First of all, I’m wary of bringing too much clutter into the house. Secondly, Phoenix is so spread out that you can spend a chunk of gas following the signs around. And let’s not forget how easily money dribbles away when you’re visiting various sales. A dollar here and there definitely add up!
Still, I have found quite a few cool things in my day. Here are the favorites I could call to mind:
- An unopened Milennium Falcon ornament with lights and sounds. ($1)
- An unopened Scene It! Marvel edition ($15)
- Star Wars Trivial Pursuit — barely used with all the pieces ($10)
- An honest-to-goodness milk pail from Norway or maybe it was Finland ($3)
- A cedar Lane chest ($40) — but Mom decided to take that one for herself.
We also found great items for our wedding at various estate sales:
- A 1930s or ’40s wedding topper (25 cents)
- 15-20 silver platters that we used for the buffet (50 cents to $2)
- 5 of those cardboard stars (picture below) to string up ($1 each)
I think those are the coolest things I’ve found at yard sales. What are your guys’ favorite finds?