Life is slowly returning to normal around here.
Tim’s teeth are in!
He’s having to relearn how to talk, just like he did with the old dentures, but by and large he’s doing pretty well. “S” sounds are a bit tricky, but he’s improving.
And he’s slowly testing out different foods. Next up will probably be burgers. Yeah, we dream big.
I’m getting more functional, which includes not having to lie down every friggin’ day to rest/not have to cope with the world. Thank-friggin’-goodness.
I’m getting at least one thing done a day. Which, for a depressive, is pretty encouraging.
We’re mailing off our early ballots today. Yesterday was spent finagling Tim’s prescription refills, which brings me to the next topic…
Goddamn Medicare donut hole
I reviewed the mail-order pharmacy to see what was taking the place so long. The new doctor called in the prescriptions on the 20th, and a week later they were still pending.
Then I noticed that the cost of the meds were… high. Specifically, $922 for three of them.
Turns out we’re in the Medicare donut hole. That happens when we’ve gone through $3,310 worth of medications. (Not what insurance paid — just what the MSRP would be.) The only “good” news is that we’re paying just 45% of the MSRP. But that’s still a lot of money, apparently.
The only good thing about the donut hole — and once again, I use the word “good” liberally — is that once you’re out of it, catastrophic coverage kicks in. Generics are $2.50 and the rest are $7.50. We won’t hit that level, but it’s nice to know that other people are only mildly screwed, I guess.
At least we’re itemizing this year!
This weekend we’re going out twice. Yep, party animals!
Tonight is a stand-up comic that we got tickets for through Groupon. It really is a great source of cheap laughs.
Saturday night is our friend’s party. Tim changed his costume to Deadpool because I found a one-piece PJ outfit on the Hot Topic website. It was just over $12 after tax, and there was a Deadpool head covering for $5.
He’ll happily wear the Deadpool PJs again, so it seemed like a good investment.
I’m probably still just going and getting a fake flower, putting it behind one ear and throwing on a red dress and heels and being a salsa-danger-type person. (That being the technical term.)
But hey, it’s easy, and the other outfit I have (a nurse) just barely covers the essentials. I don’t fancy spending all night tugging at the hem of my dress to make sure my butt is still covered. Though, unsurprisingly, Tim endorses the outfit wholeheartedly.
Tim’s also offered one of his hoodies or one of his wooksies. But it’s still in the 70s and 80s at night here. So… no. (And dammit, weather, cool down! As it is, I don’t get to wear my Jack Skellington cardigan by Halloween. That just seems wrong.)
Killer Klowns live tweet
Last night, Tim decided to have me watch Killer Klowns From Outer Space in honor of Halloween. Given that I knew I was in for some pain, I decided to live tweet my horror/amusement.
But that was a last-minute decision and took place at 8 p.m. At which hour, I doubt many of you are monitoring the blog’s Twitter/Facebook feed in eager anticipation. (The rest of the time, though, I’m sure you are. Right? Right?!)
So here are my thoughts on this campy ’80s classic:
- One cop mocking another: “Oh, yeah, Mr. Police Academy! ” Um… So did the older cop just buy a badge?
- You know the couple will make it out because they never got around to having sex.
- Running girl sees creepy balloon animal dog: “I’m getting out of here!” Um… What were you doing before?
- Death by ’80s synth music
- “They were wrapped up in these cocoons!” “Cocoons?” “Yeah cocoons. Cocoons!” 4th time’s the charm for basic words
- Also, the teens only found the ship because they thought they could find a shooting star they saw in the sky
- Also, I feel like I glossed over the fact that the clowns used a balloon animal dog to chase the teens
- The aliens are either misappropriating our circuses or we’re misappropriating theirs. But SOMEONE’S super racist
- Cop just threatened to lock up his ex-gf to keep her safe
- Dammit, I’ve been misspelling the movies title by spelling the word correctly!
- Obligatory ’80s movie shower scene!
- Now eating Red Vines. Not part of the movie. But dammit I’ve earned it!
- Cop decides the entire town is in on a joke about clowns. On the other hand, they’re saying killer clowns. So…
- “This ice cream thing was your idea!” “Me? You said we’d get girls this way.” I think I know why they’re single
- Deciding the town is playing a prank on him, cop elects not to answer ANY calls
- Cop doesn’t just sneak a drink on the job. He chomps a friggin cigar while ignoring the ringing phone #80sSmokingNorms #KillerKlownsFromOuterSpace
- When you kill someone and make them a marionette, you can talk in their voice!
- “We’re not as stupid as we look.”
- When clown heads pop out from your hamper, definitely just back up to the sink instead of running
- Having never heard her boyfriend’s voice, these aliens can mimic it perfectly to lure her out
- Rear-ended by a speeding cop car, van shakes slightly.
- A guy just died from being pelted by pies. By 4 clowns. All holding one pie each
- Maybe leave the idiots that think ice cream truck = women in the car when trying to sneak up on the bad guys?
- “What do we do if we find ’em?” “Shoot ’em in the nose.”
- If you see a big red button DONT PRESS IT! Just a good rule in general, people
- I feel like the clowns’ ship is just a poor man’s Willy Wonka Factory
- Clown is tapping large bag of dead person ensconced in cotton candy to… See if it’s ripe?
- This clown has the most awesome crazy straw ever. Granted he’s using it to drink human blood. But still…
- “Which way do we go?” “Does it really matter?” Yes, Greg, yes it does.
- The goddamn balloon animal chase dog is back. Just in case you worried the movie was getting better
- Yep, climb up the big easy-to-scale blocks. That’ll keep clowns away. Everyone knows clowns can’t climb
- I feel like that last statement was somehow racist. And I don’t know why. Because clowns aren’t a race and these aliens aren’t clowns #KillerClownsFromOuterSpace
- He popped the clown’s nose with his badge, killing it
- “I saw you guys get blown up in the ice cream truck!” “Oh, we hid in the freezer!”
- And it’s over. Is it weird that I still kinda want cotton candy?
What’s slated for your guys’ weekend? Anyone want more movie tweeting? If so, I guess suggest a bad movie.